Best First Foods for Infants
If you are a first time parent, chances are, you are not that experienced when it comes to feeding a baby with real food, such as vegetables and fruits. The key here is to give your precious one with soft, easy to swallow foods, seeing that he/she does not have teeth yet. To make things easier for both of you, check out the list below on what the best first foods for infants are.
• Carrots – These vegetable are packed with beta-carotene, Vitamin A’s plant form. They are some of the best weaning foods, since most babies like the natural sweet taste of the vegetable. The darker the color is, the higher the beta-carotene content is.
• Root Crops – These are also ideal weaning food, thanks to the vegetables’ sweet taste. Pureed is the way to go. Aside from carrots, butternut squash, parsnips, rutabaga, and potatoes are the best examples of root vegetables.
• Butternut Squash – This type of squash makes great baby food because it is easily digested. Most babies are also not allergic to them. Like carrots, butternut squash is also a perfect way to supply your baby with beta-carotene.
• Parsnips – These are good sources of fiber and starch as well as Vitamins C and E.
• Sweet Potatoes – The orange and creamy fleshed sweet potatoes are ideal sources vitamin C, fiber, and potassium.
• Apple – Pureed apple goes down very easily, which is why it is one of the best first foods for infants. It contains a type of soluble fiber known as pectin, which can help combat constipation.
• Papaya – The flesh of the papaya fruit, like apples, is also very easy to swallow and digest. Beta-carotene, vitamin C, and soluble fiber are present in significant contents.
• Pears – One of the unique qualities of pears that make them great first baby foods is that they are known to be some of the least allergenic foods, so they make great weaning food.